Van's B.S. Board!  

Go Back   Van's B.S. Board! > Topical B.S. > Asses & Elephants

Old 01-11-2019, 07:39 AM   #1
Hunter
hotdog fingers

Default The Wall

So, about "The Wall"....

Are you in favor of the U.S. spending $5+ billion for Trump's wall? I figure this issue has already clogged up my Facebook feed so it might as well divide folks here too!
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 12:00 AM   #2
Dion
Nowhere Man

Default Re: The Wall

personally, I think it is a huge waste of money .... now if you were talking about building a wall between Canada and the US, I could probably get on board. On the other hand, I am extremely fond of several people I know in the US, so probably that one would be silly as well.
A lifetime in your eyes
Leonard Cohen

Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2019, 02:15 PM   #3
kindnessfirst
. . . . . .

The argument is not really about the wall. It's about the fears of the so-called Christians that make up the white base supporting Trump. He drives their fears and they can't see the forest for the trees.

No, I am against THE WALL. I am for border security and an immigration policy that will work.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
~Maya Angelou
kindnessfirst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
Hunter
hotdog fingers

Okay, two like-minded replies so far.

My FB feed on the other hand Who knew that so many folks I barely knew but happened to go to high school or grew up in the same town with would be so easily duped?
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:16 AM   #5
Loki
Mischief Maker

Waste of money. The government wants to ignore the fact that most of what they're claiming comes across that stretch of border actually enters the US via legal ports of entry. I can understand some fencing (there is plenty of it already) in order to control border crossings for regular entry/exit. But the ones who want to cross the border illegally will just find another way.
Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 10:06 PM   #6
kindnessfirst
. . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki View Post
Waste of money. The government wants to ignore the fact that most of what they're claiming comes across that stretch of border actually enters the US via legal ports of entry. I can understand some fencing (there is plenty of it already) in order to control border crossings for regular entry/exit. But the ones who want to cross the border illegally will just find another way.
Indeed. Like all the tunnels or climb the fencing. Stupid is as stupid does.

It's insane to me that with all the education our Congress has that they choose to be blind.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.
~Maya Angelou
Old 02-26-2019, 02:34 AM   #7
Racenut
~~~~~~~~~~

Stunt Dirt Bike Champion

At this point, seems more Mexicans are going home than are coming here. It would probably be more cost effective to invest in helping Mexico beef up their border security with Guatemala.

I don't believe the wall will be all that effective, they've already proven they will find ways over, under and around it. And a lot of them come here legally and then just don't go home when they are supposed to.

That said, I would be fine with more border enforcement along with an improved legal immigration process. And even a simpler and more streamlined deportation process. I'm not against immigration, but they should be vetted for security as well as having skills that could be expected to support themselves, no matter where they're coming from. And I think the "open borders" people are nuts. No border, no country. What other countries allow just anyone to wander in as they please?
Old 03-01-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
kindnessfirst
. . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racenut View Post
. . . No border, no country. What other countries allow just anyone to wander in as they please?
Actually in the EU, you can drive across borders without being stopped. This may change in the future, but in many parts of Europe, no one checks your documents as you drive the roads.

~Maya Angelou
Old 03-02-2019, 10:12 PM   #9
Dion
Nowhere Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindnessfirst View Post
Actually in the EU, you can drive across borders without being stopped. This may change in the future, but in many parts of Europe, no one checks your documents as you drive the roads.
Been there, done that - was actually pretty disappointed because there was no passport stamping. And not only driving - flew to Spain from England, and literally got off the plane, and walked out of the airport into Spain.
A lifetime in your eyes
Leonard Cohen

Dion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 07:12 PM   #10
kindnessfirst
. . . . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dion View Post
Been there, done that - was actually pretty disappointed because there was no passport stamping. And not only driving - flew to Spain from England, and literally got off the plane, and walked out of the airport into Spain.
I liked the freedom.

~Maya Angelou